Think you know Altrincham?
Why not join one of the town’s new monthly walking and pub tours?
Altrincham is an illustrious market town first granted its market charter in 1200s, bringing with it centuries of stories and curious tales.
The tours have been curated by award-winning tour guide Jonathan Schofield and promise to immerse you in the culture of all things Altrincham.
You will meander through the town, its alleys and ginnels, and be charmed by its layers of period character and the fascinating stories of the people and events who occupied and created it.
You will never look at Altrincham in the same way again!
Jonathan Schofield, tour guide explains:
"It's been informative, fascinating and fun conducting the research for the Altrincham tours. People have been enthusiastic to help and have given me some superb stories to include in the tours. Every town and city in the UK has a tale to tell but Altrincham's seems particularly rich and alive with interesting characters and lots of incident. I really look forward to entertaining people on the tours with them."
Explore Altrincham Tour Dates
To book click your preferred date below and you will be redirected to Eventbrite.
Tours are on the last Thursday and Saturday of each month except for Christmas week.
Walking Tours start at 3pm.
Pub Tours start at 6pm.
On the day of your tour:
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the tour
Booking and Cancellations
- Tour Tickets £10 per person and must be booked in advance via Eventbrite.
- The tour content is fun and lively and is crafted to entertain an audience suited to teenagers and upwards.
- If you are looking for activities in Altrincham for your children aged 11 years and younger check out our Summer, Halloween and Christmas activities.
- If you feel your under 12-year-old child would enjoy the walking tour, please advise the tour guide via firstname.lastname@example.org, a minimum of 14 days before the tour and they will confirm availability of free child places.
- Dogs are welcome on the walking tours.
- Pub tours are for over 18s only, please bring ID if you feel it may be necessary.
- Attendees can receive refunds up to 30 days before your event start date via Eventbrite
- Tours are accessible depending on needs and the route can be adapted by the tour guide for those with mobility considerations.
- Please notify the tour guide email@example.com of any mobility considerations.
Health and Safety
- Altrincham Unlimited’s ‘Explore Altrincham’ walking and pub tours are undertaken entirely at your own risk. Neither Altrincham Unlimited or your guide accept any liabilities what so ever for any personal injury or material losses.
- We encourage individuals on the walking and pub tours to be aware of other group members and their needs.
- Please stay together, particularly in areas of high pedestrian traffic and whilst crossing roads.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Some walking surfaces are cobbled. Wet weather conditions may make some surfaces slippery.
- Ensure your clothing is suitable for the day’s weather forecast and a steady walking pace.
- If you wish to leave the group prematurely, before the tour has finished then please inform your guide.
- We promote a light-hearted, friendly and casual tour group structure. Members that are abusive or intoxicated will be asked to leave the group.
By Public Transport
Information on public transport links to Altrincham can be found here
Information on the different car-parking options available in the town centre can be found here
Arrive Early, Stay Late
Altrincham is the epitome of the modern market town, boasting high quality shopping, a growing reputation for excellent food and drink. More information can be found here
If you have any queries or questions regarding your booking, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org We will aim to respond to emails within one working day during office hours, 9am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday.