HR Essentials - Free Seminar
HR and Employment Law is crucial for any business owner to be aware of; the law is the same regardless of the number of employees.
Getting things wrong or ‘not knowing what you don’t know’ is not a defence in an Employment Tribunal. Can you afford the risk which could amount to thousands of pounds and reputational damage?
The aim of this Seminar is to provide a broad and practical overview of HR and Employment Law issues which any business owner or manager needs to be aware of.
This Seminar will cover the following:
• ‘Self-employed, worker and employee’ - do you understand the differences, how and when you should use, the contracts that need to be issued and the risks of getting this wrong?
• Holidays – how to calculate and ensure compliance for part time and zero hours staff
• Discrimination risks and where they can arise from recruitment through to dismissal
• Managing Absence including sickness and what rights employees have to statutory time off for other absences e.g. maternity, paternity, emergency dependant leave and flexible working
• Disciplinary and Grievance – how to discipline staff and deal with grievances
• What the costs could be of ‘getting it wrong’ if you receive an Employment Tribunal claim
To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org