Fans for Diversity at Altrincham Football Club
A very important match day for Altrincham FC, who have been selected as one of only four clubs nationally to be promoted and funded by Fans for Diversity (an organisation supported by Kick it Out and The Football Supporters Federation) to showcase Inclusion & Diversity at the club.
There will be many activities on the day to make it special for everyone. These include
• a children's art competition which all primary schools in Altrincham and Hale have entered,
• children's face painting,
• live music in the Community Sports Hall,
• a Subbuteo table football demonstration,
• appearances from past players Stuart Coburn, Colin Little, Val Owen, Rod Thornley and Gary Scott
• chef Richie Bentley has an international flavour to traditional match day food,
• free wristbands for all fans,
• the teams will wear special warm up T shirts and be led out by junior team members when they take to the pitch.
• And most importantly, the Club will sign a pledge to be the most Inclusive & Diverse club in non-league football and launch our Inclusion & Diversity Strategy.
Altrincham FC will showcase all the work we have been doing to improve the match day experience in general for all people irrespective of age, ethnicity, ability, background, gender or religious belief
The match will see Altrincham FC launch the Club on its journey to become the most Inclusive & Diverse non-league football club in England. This work has been very much boosted by the appointment of a small Inclusion & Diversity team (Jacqui Forster and Jordan Tyms) and the joint Supporters Liaison Officers (Mike Reeves and Alison Corser).
The match is against Rushall Olympic from Walsall who support the work of the Altrincham Non League Day Project Team who have been working on the elements of this special day for months.
Smart Storage of Altrincham are also sponsoring the match and supporting the off field activities and providing prizes.
Additionally, there will be presence on the day from all Alty FC women’s teams, Prostate Cancer UK - the Evostik League chosen charity who will be collecting funds for their work at the game, National Football V homophobia and Trafford Pride, the Football Supporters Federation and Kick it Out.
Download: Non League Day 20177 (0.28MB)