Added 8 May 2018
Town Centre Ranger
Job title: Town Centre Ranger
Reporting to: BID Manager
Location: Station House, Stamford New Road, Altrincham
Contract: To the end of the current Altrincham Unlimited BID Term, April 2021 (subject to a 3-month probationary period)
Salary: £9,000 - £11,000
Hours: 20 hours – (11am to 4pm on Tuesday / Friday / Saturday & Sunday)
Altrincham Unlimited is a Business Improvement District (BID) operating in Altrincham town centre, working for and representing 544 business and organisations. The company focuses on three strategic themes: rediscover Altrincham, Experience Altrincham and Business Altrincham.
The Town Centre Ranger will work with the Altrincham Unlimited team, our partners and businesses to ensure the smooth operation running of the town. This role will have responsibility for a range of streetscape priorities and co-ordination, will respond to local business queries and help to ensure the town centre is clean, safe and provides a quality experience for visitors, workers and businesses. The role will also provide hands-on support for on street activities and town centre events.
The Town Centre Ranger will work with many partners who contribute to the successful running of the town centre, including Trafford Council officers and contractors, the Police, local businesses, event organisers and charity bodies. We’re looking for a positive, proactive individual who is confident working with a wide range of people and keen to make a practical difference to the town centre.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Streetscape Response and Co-Ordination
- Deliver immediate improvements to the town centre environment through extensive daily patrols, and carry out ad-hoc maintenance.
- Monitor street cleansing services to ensure contractors achieve contract standards.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of technical matters, legislation and licensing conditions for buskers and street performers.
- Regular inspections of street furniture, installations, cycle racks, paving, drainage, street lighting and report any defects to the relevant authority / person.
- Monitor, report and record any non-compliance issues relating to the trade waste and soon to be in place cardboard recycling scheme.
Events and Other Street Activities Support
- Work with the Altrincham Unlimited Team and commercial activity organisers to support events
- Report any illegal trading to the relevant authority.
Partner and Member Support
- Act as an ambassador for the town centre in assisting and advising businesses and the public.
- Act as the eyes and ears of the town and respond to BID levy payer and partner enquiries in a timely way.
- Support the promotion and information-sharing of Altrincham Unlimited’s projects.
General Duties, Administration and Reporting
- Use security radios and appropriate tools/equipment.
- Improve administration processes by identifying inefficiencies and recommending solutions.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings.
- Collect and analyse data, prepare reports, generate schedules and track issues and follow up.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the post with due regard to all of the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the level and nature of the post.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships.
- Good administrative skills.
- Positive outlook, friendly and open.
- Ability to use own initiative when dealing with any confrontational situations and to successfully resolve the situation in a confident and professional manner.
- ‘Hands-on’ and practical approach.
- Ability to identify problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, updates and notes relating to the day-today operational activities.
- Understanding of the importance of providing a good quality customer service.
- Knowledge of Altrincham town centre will be an advantage.
- Local authority, town centre, security or street care experience will be an advantage.
This role requires the postholder to wear a company uniform and work outdoors in all weather.
Candidates must be physically fit due to the nature of the work and street patrolling required. The Town Centre Ranger will also be required to undertake all necessary training associated with this role, which will be provided by the company.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application by Tuesday 29th May by sending your CV and a covering letter (up to 2 A4 sides) on why you think you are suitable for the position to Aimee Green, firstname.lastname@example.org