Added 27 Apr 2018
Volunteer Role - Customer Service Assistant
- Greeting customers and helping the shop to have a welcoming and friendly environment.
- Serving customers at the till.
- To actively promote Gift Aid signups.
- Receiving donations from the general public.
- Replenishing stock to ensure the shop is well stocked.
- Assisting the shop staff with keeping the stock displayed.
Skills and competencies:
- A friendly helpful manner.
- An interest in retail / fashion.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Able to listen well and take instruction.
- Basic awareness of COSHH and other Health and safety guidelines.
- Interest in and sympathy with the aims and objectives of the Salvation Army.
What this role can offer:
- Training and experience of working within a retail environment.
- The opportunity of developing new skills and the chance to utilise existing skills.
- The opportunity to gain a recognized NVQ qualification (dependent on criteria).
- The opportunity to be part of a shop team and to make new friends.
- On-site training with the charity Shop Manager, on all company policies and procedures.
- Manual Handling Training.
- Health safety and security.
- Gift aid procedures.
This role is an unpaid role but reasonable travel expenses will be paid in line with the volunteer expense policy.
The time and commitment for this role is flexible and will be agreed in advance with the charity Shop Manger.
Application forms or taster sessions are available at the shop: 101 George Street, Altrincham, WA14 1RN.