Added 27 Apr 2018
Volunteer Role - Stock Processor
- Greeting customers and helping the shop to have a welcoming and friendly environment.
- To sort and process new donations of clothing, books and general bric-a-brac.
- To actively promote Gift Aid signups.
- Identify potential high value items or collectors’ items.
- Price items within the shop price guidelines and policy.
- Display items and replenish in line with shop standards.
Skills and competencies:
- Able to work with a team and within agreed shop guidelines.
- Ability to work independently, although guidance will be provided from the shop Manager.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Able to listen well and take instruction.
- Interest in and sympathy with the aims and objectives of the Salvation Army.
What this role can offer:
- Training and experience of working within a retail environment.
- The opportunity of developing new skills and the chance to utilise existing skills.
- The opportunity to gain a recognized NVQ qualification (dependent on criteria).
- The opportunity to be part of a shop team and to make new friends.
- On-site training with the charity Shop Manager, on all company policies and procedures.
- Manual Handling Training.
This role is an unpaid role but reasonable travel expenses will be paid in line with the volunteer expense policy.
The time and commitment for this role is flexible and will be agreed in advance with the charity Shop Manger.
Application forms or taster sessions are available at the shop: 101 George Street, Altrincham, WA14 1RN.