Smart Parking to Operate Goose Green Car Park
The Derwent Group has appointed Smart Parking Ltd to manage its Goose Green Car Park in Altrincham Town Centre which will be collecting income on behalf for The Derwent Group.
The car park will run on a Number Plate Recognition System linked to a Pay and Display. All entry and exit barriers will be removed and all vehicle registrations logged on camera.
All users will be required to obtain a ticket on entry and input their full and correct vehicle registration number.
Guards will be in place to inform users of the car park of the new system for the next few weeks which will be in operation from June 1st 2017.
The benefits to users of the new system are:
- Extended car park opening hours from 0630 to 1130 daily
- Security cameras in operation
- Flexible return times through a remote top-up system
- A Phone and Pay (RinGo) facility in place for those who wish to pay by mobile with credit or debit card or through a smartphone app
- Users of the nearby Total Fitness Altrincham to benefit from two hours’ free parking (customers must register for a parking ticket in the same way as other users on arrival for any stay up to two hours) Reduced tariff prices o Up to one hour £0.80 o Up to three hours £1.80 o Up to four hours £2.80 o Up to five hours £3.80 o Up to six hours £4.80 o Over seven hours £7.50 o Additional time can also be purchased before existing the car park if required
As well as guards to inform users for the first few weeks of operation, posters will be displayed around the car park to ensure that all users are aware of potential Penalty Charge Notices for non-compliance with the new system.
Peter Gilliland, Senior Property Manager at The Derwent Group said:
“We’ve changed the management system at the Goose Green Car Park to ensure that users have a much safer and streamlined parking experience. At The Derwent Group, we are always looking for ways to improve the experience of customers using our facilities.”