Altrincham’s business community vote in favour of the BID for new five-year term
Businesses in Altrincham town centre have voted in favour of renewing Altrincham Unlimited, Altrincham’s Business Improvement District (BID) for a further five-year period, from 2021 to 2026. Of the 197 town centre businesses that voted, 170 voted in favour of the renewal.
BID businesses contribute, dependent on their individual rateable value, which generates an income which is ring-fenced specifically for projects and events which support the businesses in the town centre.
The BID works closely with businesses, local stakeholders and the community to ensure they are creating a cohesive vision for the town.
In the new term, the BID’s key objectives will be to:
- Represent BID business by influencing and working with key partners
- Maintain and sustainably grow visitor numbers with marketing and promotion, and a high-quality year-round programme of events
- Improve Altrincham’s BID area public spaces so they are vibrant, clean, welcoming, green and safe
- Create the right environment to attract new businesses to the town
- Improve connectivity between parts of the town centre, giving visitors more reasons to spend time in and use the whole town
- Support BID businesses with a range of services to reduce costs and improve customer experience
Councillor James Wright, Executive Member for Housing and Regeneration at Trafford Council and Altrincham BID Board member:
“I am delighted that the BID has been voted in for another term and we look forward to continuing to work in partnership to support the high street in these unprecedented and challenging times.
The BID has a track record of delivering footfall generating, profile raising events and projects for the town and ensuring that business voices are heard”.
Ewen Miller, MD Calderpeel Architects and Altrincham BID’s Voluntary Chairman said,
“We are pleased to have been re-elected for another five-year term – thank you to everyone who voted.
When the BID was initially formed in 2016, no one could have predicted the first term would be ending with a global pandemic, or that we’d be seeking re-election in the middle of it all.
A strong business community is needed more than ever now. We will continue to support our BID businesses through this difficult time.”
Altrincham Unlimited Ballot Renewal Result, 2021 – 2026 Of those who voted 86% voted in favour, 83% by rateable value.